Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm Back!

Okay I'm back!  Sorry i haven't been around.  so much happening and I haven't found the time to be able to write.  Today i got out early from The Gingerman (the bar where I work).  A rarity for sure.  I got home and saw the laptop and here i am. So where are we....

The Short film that I was in pre-production on has been postponed.  Just a couple of months, until the winter passes.  We had some great momentum but the location proved to be very difficult and towards the end there, I felt like we were reaching.  the truth of it is that I didn't want to make the movie like that.  I was going to be asking people for money and I felt a responsibility to make it right.  


I am taking a couple weeks off to relax, I felt like I was really pushing myself towards last three weeks of the project.   I really wanted this movie to come out right and really worked hard but that's that and now I'm off to relax a little bit.  


I have been doing a lot of thinking and I've decided that I'm going to go back to my prior plan which was to buy a camera.  On the three projects that worked on, the one guy that always makes money is the guy that owns the camera if I am going to be able to segway my way out of the bar and work in film somehow I am going to have to get out there and work on stuff.  I figure I can learn what i need to and film stuff and that will feed my portfolio and resume.  i am going to pick up any kind of work and be around filmmakers.  


So for the last couple of weeks I have been looking into cameras and saving as much as i can.  It's hard to save when you have kids. there is always something that comes up.  I'm trying though.  i haven't gone out to spend a dime.  Hopefully I can get a good price on some gear.  


Today, Thomas came over to the studio and we spent all day just working on the structure and arch types of a story.  something we hope to make into a screenplay.  It was great.  We just spitball all day.  We worked on Curio on my Mac.  Its a great program to get your thoughts in order.  You should try it.  Check it out here


The Housesitter is in post as i write this.  I got to see a very rough cut a few days ago and I has happy to see its progress.  Still needs a lot of work but its coming along.  


That's it for now.  I will try to be more consistent on the posts.





No comments:

Post a Comment