Friday, June 3, 2011

Concept Art Video



I have been real busy working on pre-production for a short film I wrote and will be directing as well as co-producing over at Humungoid Films.  If you haven't had a chance to check out that blog you should swing by there when you get a chance.  I have been posting up pictures and behind the scene stuff there.  I hope to catalog the journey of this project as it goes through the phases of making a movie.  Here is a link.


Before I started story boarding(really I've been thumbnailing a lot). I decided to do some concept art.  It really gets me in the right state of mind as far as tone and colors and all around general feeling of the movie.  I wanted something to kinda ground me as I draw these boards. 


I made a list of a few favorite scenes in the film that I love.  This one, I call BLAM!!!, I felt was the image I came back to in my thoughts as I wrote the story.  So I decided to use it as my first attempt at some concept art for the film.  I really like the point of view of the audience and felt it was indicative of the visceral experience that I am looking for in the story.  

I used Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop as well as two pictures I took with my iphone.  I have been using a program called Screen Flow to record my desktop as I work and the result are the following videos.  I put a little audio so you could understand the process a little better.  I had to split the video up into two parts because Youtube wouldn't let me post it up at 12 mins, that is why it has taken so long to get it on the blog.  Well, I hope you guys like it.


This is Part 1

This is Part 2
 
 
I will be posting up some more of videos like this as I make them.  In the coming weeks I will be posting up some images that I have come across as I have been cleaning up my files and trying to put them in order.  



Now it's back to trying to storyboard this project....






No comments:

Post a Comment