Thursday, June 16, 2011

Samurai Champloo



I have been looking through some of my old files, to try and post them up on the net.  i have never really been good about keeping up with that sort of stuff, so I am making an effort about it.  Anyway I figure it will make for at the very least content for the blog and will keep my posts regular.  

I found this little pic.  I had just gotten my cintiq and wanted to test it out by coloring in some line art.  At he time I was watching the entire Samurai Champloo run.  An awesome mix of animation, hip-hop and Japanese samurai culture.  Three things that fascinate me on a constant basis.  (I have a idea that I keep tying to outline called Codename: Hip-Hop Samurai) something I will eventually write and direct but not until I have access to the type of funding on the scale of a summer block buster (so who knows when that will be).  Anyway you should check out that series.  It rocks!


So back to the pic, right.  I was just testing out color on the line art.  I thought it came out decent.  What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment